Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can Administrators Create CSS for Their Vanilla Hosted Websites?

Or do you have to be a Developer to do this?

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

The hosted version has it's own forum here : http://vanillaforums.com/discussions

But I believe Site Administrators have the ability to add css ontop of the site, and to edit the smarty file ( via a settings option in the dashboard).

See also: http://vanillaforums.com/discussion/720/how-do-i-select-a-layout-and-theme-can-i-customize-the-theme

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Well, you do not have to be a CSS super hero but without any knowledge, it will certainly be hard. Get somewhat used to the developer tools of your browser, play around with what you see and than come back here with concrete questions. You'll get your answers here, I'm sure. And after some time of questioning, you will have the experience to find the answer to your questions yourself, without being a developer ;)

• Options
    awilcox_awilcox_ New
    edited October 2013

Well, I have some HTML and CSS experience (about 10 years ago, some things have apparently changed), but I was having trouble locating the files. I then discovered that I had to download the files to my computer, do my HTML/CSS creation and editing there, and then upload the finished theme folder to my site. If I am correct on all of that, I'm still not sure how I upload the files back to my site.

Also, should I ask to have this thread moved to the Discussions forum?

Thanks,

Alan

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I haven't read your question thoroughly and haven't even seen Tamas answer. You will get more help at vanillaforums.com because your question concerns the hosted version. This forum here is just for the self hosted OS version.
    So if this question is to be moved anywhere it should be moved to OffTopic ;)

• Options

@R_J said:
    You will get more help at vanillaforums.com because your question concerns the hosted version.

True, case closed, topic closed

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.