Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla CSS

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Anyone have any ideas how I can fix the css to center the forum and add the background image? If I need to add container div to the theme, which page do I add them too? http://gliving.tv/community
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited July 2006
    when you put header links in flash visitors are not able to open these in new tab ...
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You've got the body text-align: left; You should make it text-align: center;
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Sorry it took me so long to read this thread, btw. Been pretty busy and it's hard to keep up on here sometimes.
  • Options
    You need to look in the "themes" folder where you'll find a lot of .php files and the "vanilla" folder. Assuming you modded the files in "vanilla", make copy of the following files:
    • head.php
    • foot.php
    ... and put them in the "vanilla" folder along with readme.txt and the styles folder. Vanilla looks in this (here, "vanilla") folder first for any modified parts and uses them, else it uses the default files. You'll have to review these files you modify when Vanilla gets updated, so make notes!

1. In head.php, near the very end, add an extra opening div with id=wrapper so it looks like:

<body'.$BodyId.' '.$this->Context->BodyAttributes.'><div id="wrapper">';
    2. foot.php has a section that looks like this:

echo '</div> <a id="pgbottom" name="pgbottom">&nbsp;</a> </div>';
    Add the closing div to the section before the debug stuff so it looks like this:

echo '</div> <a id="pgbottom" name="pgbottom">&nbsp;</a> </div></div><!-- close wrapper -->';
    I added the comment too so I can remember which div I'm closing. The closing body tag is found in page_end.php. The above keeps the debug routine outside of your nice new wrapper div.

General Vanilla page structure:

body (a div containing the Lussumo Banner if you added/enabled that would sit here) div#Session (login notice) /div div#Header (includes title and navigation tabs) /div div#Body div#Panel (the sidebar, starts in panel.php) /div div#Content (your discussions/categories/posts) (starts at the end of panel.php) /div /div a#pgbottom (just a link with float-clearing applied via css) /body
    The above makes it:

body div#wrapper (all the stuff between the body tags above) /div /body
    Then you can style #wrapper along the lines of CSS Centering 101 as c-unit suggested. If you're looking to add the fade stripe in-between the Panel and Content, try putting it in the #wrapper (so it stays floated with the rest). Normally the panelfade.gif sits in the body tag.

Oh, and remember to take out the "center" tags.
This discussion has been closed.