Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] jQuery Popup Error with Nebula Theme on 2.1b2*

meshugymeshugy Musician/Hacker ✭✭
edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I'm running 2.1b2 and am having a strange error all of a sudden. When anyone tries to login or post, a popup with a light bulb appears and shows an error. See attachment.

I haven't made any changes but did demo a few themes. It seemed to start after I did that.

See: http://www.djangobooks.com/forum

Comments

• Options

Never mind, I solved it. I had tried to demo the Nebula skin which seemed to be the problem. It didn't work so I went back to using the embed friendly skin. However, I still had the error above, even with Nebula disabled. However, once I removed the theme all together from the themes folder, the problem went away.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2013

Your problem is using pagespeed I think. It is virtually impossible to edit and work with a minifier. And it generally cause more problems than help.

• Options

Try the Tiny Dark Embed friendly with your forum

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/tiny+embed+friendly-theme

There is a version of it I made with orange text, and you probably all you would have to do is change the background colors to white. I could even modify it to match your theme.

• Options

@vrijvlinder I'm using Xcache but that doesn't seem to be the problem as it worked fine earlier and works fine now. There is just something about the Nebula theme my 2.12b forum doesn't like!

I'll check out your theme...thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2013

It may need some adjustments for 2.1 let me know when you load it, in any event to be able to help you edit you will need to disable it. I will test it on 2.1 an make you a version if it it is too messed up.

Edit: Tested it and uploaded new version that works with 2.1