Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Possible to sort attachments by name?

Is it possible to sort attachments by name?

This would solve a problem for me :-)

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

yes, you could probably sort it via jquery or js as one solution, if you wanted to research it and write yourself a mod.

although probably faster to sort via php upon discussion display.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I don't think I've got the skills to mod the plugin myself.

I was hoping there might be a "sort" option somewhere in the plugin that I'm missing, but I don't see anything obvious.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

you could change the FileUpload/views/link_files.php ands sort there as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

deleted.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@nathanreed

replace FileUpload/views/link_files.php with the unzipped version of attachment below.

if it works for you awesome, let me know.

here is a mod for vanilla 2.0.18.10 of the plugin 1.5.2 downloadable

if not .. oh well.

and click awesome, do not accept this as best answer - otherwise this zip file will disappear.
    to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

my final answer. :)

modify  FileUpload/views/link_files.php  change line 5

from

foreach ($this->Data('CommentMediaList') as $Media) {

to the following -  insert the following lines.... with line 5 comented as below.

$newarray = array();
             foreach ($this->Data('CommentMediaList') as $Media) {
                   $name     =      htmlspecialchars($Media->Name);
                   $newarray[$name] = $Media;
                   }

ksort($newarray);  // change attachment order to alpha sort.
               foreach ($newarray as $Media) {  
               // foreach ($this->Data('CommentMediaList') as $Media) {