Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[2.1b2][Theme] Another conversations issue

ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Yes, it's me again. :P

Will try to keep it simple here -- when I create a new conversation on my forum, Vanilla doesn't re-direct me to the new conversation like it should. Instead it just refreshes the existing page as if nothing happened.

That said, it does actually _create _the new conversation, but it'd be nice if you didn't have to navigate back to your inbox just to access it. IIRC this didn't happen in previous versions so it probably is some kind of bug..

Any help appreciated!

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2013

if it is some bug you should be posting the issue on github, as you would have read the beta testing notice.

You can check it is not something else by trying on a clean install.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited December 2013

I've never used github before, but I'll do that in the future. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Looks like it's a theme issue. Just switched to the embedfriendly theme and everything worked as intended.

• Options

@Zhaan said:
    EDIT: Looks like it's a theme issue. Just switched to the embedfriendly theme and everything worked as intended.

Is it a custom theme, made by yourself? Is it a theme from the addons section or is it a theme from the addons section customized by yourself?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited December 2013

It's a modified version of the Mobile theme, but CSS is the only thing I've added/changed.

• Options
    edited December 2013

@peregrine said:
    revert to the default mobile theme, if the problem manifests itself. file a bug report.

it could be mobile related.

I also have a lot of JS related issues with this customized theme.. When I cloned the mobile theme, I also re-named its folder.. could that potentially cause trouble?

• Options

also broken js, can prevent other js from being reached/loaded. I presume you are not using minifiers?

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited December 2013

Nope! But I don't think it's being caused by a plugin either, seeing as my other themes don't have the same JS issues. I'll look further into it and maybe create a separate thread later.

Thanks for all the help today and have a merry xmas. :)