Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Please Help [Google Translator]

Hello all respected developers of Vanilla. First of all thank you for providing this wonderful forum script free and for a beautiful community.
I recently downloaded Vanilla 2.2.4 from github and using on http://forum.earnmind.tk and I want to add google translator. When I use Leaf theme and add google translator code it shows error page. But when i use GreenGlass theme verything works perfectly. So i want a little help to add google code in Leaf theme. Please Help Me.....

Regards
Ravindra Barthwal

Comments

• Options

Yes you will notice they use different type of default.master template.

the one with .tpl uses a template language called Smarty. In order to put raw JavaScript you need to put the code within

{literal} 
    code goes here
    {/literal}

That way it won't try to parse it as Smarty, because both Smarty and JavaScript use curly brackets.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks @x00 you really wonderful. Thanks you Thank you .... so much

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@RPBWEBKING
    You should rethinking using that version of Vanilla. Please take a look here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/192085/#Comment_192085
    I've read that you are just a beginner and so you might prefer V2.0.18.10 or at least V2.1b2 but it would be better for your users that you stay away from V2.2

• Options
    edited December 2013

@R_J
    Thanks for your suggestion. But I am fine with 2.2.4 and everything going really well. @x00 had guided me and now i am going right way

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2013

@RPBWEBKING R_J is absolutely right.

The beta version is 2.1 and anything else that can't be downloaded here is alpha which means it is not safe to be used in in production. I wouldn't even use it, or with any of my clients.

Even the beta may have have issues, the whole point of beta is if you use the beta you have responsibility to do the beta testing. I don't even use the beta with my clients. If the core team where happy to release it full they would have already, it is still pending.

Alpha is never used for any application where you would have actual users. Alpha is really for for the core contributors.

People get impatient, but they don't really understand software testing or what it is they are downloading.

I can't support you though beta testing, either, that is your responsibility to learn what to do, how to report issues. Explained here

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24845/vanilla-2-1b2-released/p1

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 thanks but my forum is running and got users now i don't want to change it again because if i change, I will lost my active users. If i upload the original one then , they will think that i am fake because this is second time i changed forum. This is because i give my user pay per post and if this happened they will leave my forum....

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2013

I doubt they would even notice. You are not creating a fresh install, you are simply going through the standard upgrade procedure.

Like I say alpha software in not production ready, so if there is any vulnerability you users will be at risk, and it is often incomplete.

I mean you will be upgrading your software in the future so I don't see how this is any different.

We give advice you don't have to take, it, but you do not take it, we can only say we told you so if you have problems.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 thanks x00 , i understand that you said i will definetly change my forum version. Do you know which is the latest fresh perfect release of Vanilla. Please give me the link , so that i start using it

• Options

@RPBWEBKING said:
    x00 thanks x00 , i understand that you said i will definetly change my forum version. Do you know which is the latest fresh perfect release of Vanilla. Please give me the link , so that i start using it

gee wilikers.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/198204/#Comment_198204

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

well technically
    is the most stable version.

However if you are willing to be a beta tester you can get most of the feature you have now with
    2.1b2

Advice if you find a bug, try an replicate that bug with a fresh install without any addons, and with the default theme. You wan to eliminate the other reasons.

grep is your friend.

• Options

check back regularly for security updates, you may have to apply patches manually.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 thanks so much and @peregrine i will definetly donate you some money when i earn them. By the way , you all are genious developers , So i have a question. In future i am going to create a Pay To Click (PTC)site , so i want to know that you will make the full custom PTC script for me. I will give you money. But not now , it will most probably after 1 year and 6+ months because till then i will get my own credit card....

Regards
    Ravindra Barthwal