Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

proxyConnect & embded issue with urls...

I have embedded my forum into my remote app, and users can log in & out with proxyConnect SSO (Single Sign-On)....

The problem i'm having is with the URL's set in proxy connect, they need to have _parent attr attached to them. Can anyone give me any clues on how to do this? I really don't want to start hacking the vanilla core, and preferably not use javascript.

Comments

• is this a plugin you are referring to, have you tried jsconnect.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

UnderDog
  • i haven't tried jsconnect, but there are reasons why I don't want to use jsconnect. I'm building a site with if the user doesn't have js enabled in mind, amongst other reasons so jsconnect is really ideal for me.

I managed to get this sorted, i realised there was an option to force the forum to be viewed through the remote url so it's all good now.

However some url's, such as when a guest user clicks "add comment" on a discussion thread. The remote url is still getting loaded into the frame, rather than just the forum.

Hope that makes sense?