Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embed theme, Guest problem

I have forum setup with the embed theme & single sign on. All working magnificently. A user logs in through my remote application, get's directed back to the forum so all is good in that respect.

My problem is if the user wants to browse the forum as a guest... If a "guest" browsers to a discussion and clicks "Add Comment". The Remote URL is loaded inside of the frame even though I have the option to force the forum to be viewed through the remote url. Is there a way I can sort this out so the user gets directed to the remote url not in the frame.

Thanks, Neil Carpenter

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@neilcarpenter

the remote url IS the embedded iframe. Please elaborate more clearly what you mean and include the numerical version of Vanilla you are using.

• edited January 2014

sorry If i was unclear, rather than JUST the forum loading in the frame, it's loading my remote application inside the frame...

• edited January 2014

Another example is if a guest tries to view a users profile, but you must be logged in to do so, vanilla redirects to my registration page, set in proxyConnect. But the entire remote app loads into the frame, so it's like I have 2 instances of it on the same page.

• if you are embedding in wordpress

this wordpress plugin helps.

wp-no-frames

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• nope im not using wordpress, but thanks anyway :)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

A link to see would help, or inspect the source and the files that are being called. Disable plugins and use the default theme. Try to narrow down the cause.

If you give me a link to the forum I can embed it to see what it does. When you get double of something, it means you have some kind of javascript issue.

How did you embed the forum, what are the configs ?