Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Google Adsense Ads Elsewhere - A Request

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I know there is an add-on where I can display Google Ads, which I'm currently using on my recently created Vanilla forums. However, I don't necessarily want it in the side-panel. I would like to see an add-on where it can be a letterboard above both the panel and main content area, but just below the navigation bar. Or if thats not even possible, then a banner-sized adblock right above any content in the main section.

Can the current Google Ads add-on thats going around be modified to handle this request?

Comments

• Options
    or even better (well i tihnk it is) could someone make ads after first post? And then controllable in the admin panel?
  • Options
    Maybe have to use an ad-bot that makes a post with adsense code right after the first post.

I seem to recall a delegate somewhere that somebody used to make an interactive forum-bot that would be perfect for this...
  • Options
    jp, ive seen that on other vanilla forums, so its def doable
  • Options
    gasface,

i've since, with mark's help and others, been able to impliment that kind of extension on my forums, i'm just trying to make it better and more useful now.
  • Options
    awesome !
  • Options
    has this been made into an addon?
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Closest thing is this: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/2596/1/google-adsense-addon-for-vanilla-1/#Item_18 As coded, it shows the ads only for those not logged in, but there are instructions in the thread that tell how to make it display for all users. I haven't put it in the addons but probably should...
  • Options
    Yes it does it's job.

To place it anywhere create another InjectAdsense() function with modified AdsenseCode and than attach it to another Delegation.

It works fine.

I used there these:
    $Context->AddToDelegate('CommentGrid', 'PreRender', 'InjectAdsensePanel'); $Context->AddToDelegate('Filler', 'PreRender', 'InjectAdsenseFoot'); $Context->AddToDelegate('Panel', 'PreRender', 'InjectAdsenseNotice');
This discussion has been closed.