Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Looking for vanilla devs for hybrid partnership

xValxVal New
edited January 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

The needs:
a) Redesign/or tweaking of current skin
b) New plug-ins/or tweaking of current addons
c) Performance/Dev jobs/Maintenance
d) Admins/Mods for our community

The offers:
a) Monthly payments
and/or
b) NLHE cash games coaching

QnA:

Q: What's NLHE?
A: That stands for No-Limit Texas Hold'em (google it for more info).

Q: What do you mean by monthly payments?
A: Let's say for instance we agreed on $4.5K total price to pay. We are then gonna pay a % of that each month (eg. $750 for 6 months). This was only an example, actual figures will be calculated in private.

Q: Why not pay all the money upfront?
A: Few reasons: 1) I don't personally have that amount of money and 2) I like to look at it as a service rather than a 1-time job.

Q:How would this work?
A: My community has like 100 members, most of them professional (full-time) poker players. All of us play different stakes and generate different average monthly incomes. Let's assume 50% of us decide to contribute. Now, if price/mo would be $750, that would equate to 750/50= $15/mo/player - which is acceptable to all players, even if their monthly avg is $200-300 (this would be true if they play at the lowest available stake).

Q: Why not go with Vanilla cloud then?
A: There is a big difference imo between cloud and self-hosted. Besides the fact that I like to run my own ship if you know what I mean, we'd rather pay more per month for a limited amount of months rather than pay each month/lifetime of community.

Q: What about b) NLHE cash game coaching option?
A: A few of our players are playing pretty high compared to the others and are very successful in doing so. If you're interested in learning and mastering the art of poker, I might get you a deal if you can help our community somehow. Our top members that also do coaching make like $6-8K/mo and 1 hour of coaching is anywhere from $30 to $200 (you might need 10 or even 50hrs of 1-on-1 session reviews, database analysis, leakfinders etc. depending on your current skill level). PM me if you want to know more about this.

Q: If you're making so much money, why all the hassle?
A: Short answer would be: I'm not. I'm currently at lower stakes and I'm playing for a living, making ~$1.5K/mo. I know it's not much but I'm living in a pretty poor country; hint: helps me pay them bills.

Q: I have previous experience with NLHE and I also am familiar with Vanilla (not an expert though) - how can I help?
A: We're always looking for competent people to join our community. Being familiar with Vanilla is obv a plus, so feel free to apply for a moderator/admin job by sending me a PM.

Sorry for tldr; If you have any other questions, go ahead and post them here. Ty!

Comments

• *bump

• Here is an example:

Forum Link (taken from http://vanillaforums.com/showcase):
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/

How much $ and how many people needed for this kind of project? Guesstimate obv.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@xVal said:
    Here is an example:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/

How much $ and how many people needed for this kind of project? Guesstimate obv.

I'm afraid that the best estimate will be a "can't really say", for a few reasons:

1. The example is a hosted forum, which includes features not available in the OS version of Vanilla. "We need the same features" has never been a good description of specifications, as the developer(s) who will; have to implement them, most probably, have no idea of what features are.
    2. It would need at least a web designer to give an estimate for the theme, and a web developer for the custom features. I would not trust a single person to take care of both, as I rarely found someone who can cover both roles effectively.

This doesn't mean that it will be impossible to give an estimate, but it will be a matter of "sitting down" and preparing a list of the required features and prepare at least a basic analysis (which, I reckon, will have a cost by itself).