HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Remove visitor column

Hey!
I want to remove the column where my visitor are shown at each thread.
I just tried to make it disappear in the css, but I can't figure out what to do exactly.
I guess changing the css isn't the right way to solve the problem?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2014

@cica

Do you have the plugin WhosOnline, or something similar, enabled? If so, try disabling it.

• I deactivated and what should have change? Everything's still the same.

• Since we have no idea what you mean by visitor, please post a screenshot of what you mean and circle it. And please list the plugins you have enabled and your theme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I don't know how it's called originally, "Besuche" means visits. It should show how many users klicked on the thread but since I converted the forum from phpbb2 it isn't counting anymore, so I'd like to remove that column.
    Theme is Traditional Chocolate version 20120424.
    Plugins: All Viewed, ButtonBar, Emotify, Debugger, File Upload, Gravatar, In this discussion, LatestPostList, Post Count, PrivateCommunity, Signatures, Split/Merge, Traditional, Van2Shout, Whosonline.

• you have two choices to get your count working you can use the incrementview plugin to increment view counts or use vanilla analytics

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/incrementview-plugin

or modify the theme
    TraditionalChocolate/views/discussions/helper_functions.php around line 119

<td class="DiscussionsViews">
                                <span class="CommentCount"><?php echo Gdn_Format::BigNumber($Discussion->CountViews - 1) ?></span>
                            </td>

and this from TraditionalChocolate/views/discussions/discussions.php

around line 21

<td class="DiscussionsViews"><?php echo T('Views', 'VIEWS'); ?></td>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• cicacica New
    edited January 2014

IncrementView is for Version 2.1 - I only got 2.0.18.
    By vanilla analytics - do you mean the statistics plugin? If so - it doesn't work.
    I guess I have to go with the modifying. Thanks for your help.

Edit:
    I forgot to ask how I should change the files for not showing the visitor column?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@cica said
    IncrementView is for Version 2.1 - I only got 2.0.18.

get the latest version of the plugin http://vanillaforums.org/addon/incrementview-plugin

it should work with either vanilla 2.0.18.x and vanilla 2.1b2
    if it works for you awesome

hgtonightcica
  • Thank you! Now it works fine

peregrinehgtonight
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

you are welcome. thanks for feedback. @cica awesome.