Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need help upgrading

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me upgrade our forum to the latest beta version.

I am not comfortable doing it on my own

site is mobileforums.info

Any one willing to help :)

Comments

• Options

if you are not comfortable upgrading it probably isn't for you. Beta is for beta testers. Anyone who uses it has that responsibility to fill those shoes.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2014

What you could do is create another forum in another subdirectory and test it . Install a test forum using the Beta and import things to get an idea of it. Then when you are comfortable upgrade.

• Options

I probably could help you, but, I do agree with what @x00 said and do think that if you're not comfortable upgrading yourself, you probably aren't skilled up enough to actually "help Vanilla" with the Beta Process, but it is your personal preference and also agree with what vrijvlinder said as well about testing it in a subfolder. These are really good facts, but if you asked me, I would say do a local test, because it's not online. It's on your computer and that would keep you away from trouble if you ever mess up, and when you feel comfortable to upgrade, upgrade.

• Options

Gotta, Will keep using the old version for now until the new one is available.
    Regards

• Options
    mbforumsmbforums
    edited February 2014

The reason i was asking was all cool new themes and plugins are not compatible on the current version.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26084/bootstrap-theme-for-2-0-18-8#latest

:(

Have been waiting for a while now for a stable version. Any news on a stable version ?

Regards