Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

How do I make the MyProfile tab the default on profile views?

This discussion is related to the MyProfile addon.

I've tried a few custom routes, but can't quite crack it!

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2014

yeah doing it by routing is quite convoluted.

The problem is you have to do a negative match becuase of user routing and other wildcard functionality

read this whole thread

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20427/set-default-profile-tab

it does mean when you add profile plugins you may need to add to the route. It is just not a one time an forget thing in that case.

grep is your friend.

hgtonightUnderDogzayadur
  • Thank you, @x00!

• beschizzabeschizza New
    edited March 2014

I've given that as best a try I can, and no luck!

The MyProfile plugin creates the extra tab (with the name MyProfile), but the routes I can think to default to it just don't work.

With the Route Expression ^profile(/(?!activity|notifications|discussions)([0-9]/)?[^/]*?/?)$

these targets all set the given default tab:

profile/comments$1 to /profile/comments/1/username

profile/discussions$1 to /profile/discussions/1/username

profile/activity$1 to /profile/activity

but profile/myprofile$1 just offers a blank page

(Setting the target to profile/activity/1/username$1 works, though, but only with that particular hard-coded username)

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2014

sorry let me explain, you need to remove all profile routes you currently have

Route Expression

^profile(/(?!activity|notifications|discussions|edit|password|invitations|myprofile)([0-9]/)?[^/]*?/?)$

Target

profile/myprofile$1

Type

Internal

There are negative matches you are saying anything NOT activity|notifications|discussions|edit|password|invitations|myprofile

needs to go to profile/myprofile

the reason for the negative match is becuase you can't be sure if it is going to be a username or a method.

the only other approach would be programmatic. If you are interested in such a solution PM me. It should offer more rational detection where can just set the default controller.

grep is your friend.

Shadowdare
  • beschizzabeschizza New
    edited March 2014

I'm beat! Even with your help I can't get it working using routes. My guess is that I have messed something up somewhere else and am wasting your time.

I was able to get it done by hacking class.profilecontroller.php to remove the usual default profile view loop, lines 321-328, with this:

$HackedDispatch = '/profile/myprofile/'. $this->User->UserID . "/" . ConcatSep('/', rawurlencode($UserReference), rawurlencode($Username), rawurlencode($UserID));

return Gdn::Dispatcher()->Dispatch($HackedDispatch);

If this is particularly horrible, remind me to PM you :)

• Yep it not really a good idea to modify the core. It will get overwritten.

grep is your friend.