Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Another wisiwyg editor

Good afternoon, friends!
I need assistance. I'd like to switch the editor (https://github.com/mindmup/bootstrap-wysiwyg) to the engine Vanilla, but unfortunately, in the development I'm not that good. The editor would like to see in the frontend and the admin panel. Settings in the admin not required, just plug in this editor.
Please help in this issue.

p.s. or advise the editor it is better to use (light, with settings buttons and functions, upload images to the site)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Currently, there are several plugins you can choose from that add a WYSIWYG editor, including the CLEditor plugin that comes with Vanilla, the TinyMCEFour plugin, the Wysihtml5 plugin, and so on.

You can also install the ImageUpload plugin, which is compatible with the CLEditor and Wysihtml5 plugins.

You can use these as an example of how to make a plugin which adds another WYSIWYG editor to Vanilla.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Thanks for the reply!
    Currently I use CLeditor with the plugin ImageUpload. But I don't like those possibilities (panel buttons and design). I found the above editor that provides all the necessary capabilities (basic text formatting, image loading). I wanted to clarify whether it is possible to connect an external editor, which is not adapted for Vanilla? How hard is that?

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2014

It seems like it is possible to integrate the editor you linked to. The Wyishtml5 editor looks similar to that editor, so the Wysihtml5 plugin would be a good plugin to use as a reference for integrating it. The difficulty level depends on how much experience you have with PHP and knowledge on creating a plugin for Vanilla. It is possible to run into limitations with adding certain features, so it is important to plan out the plugin from the start and see what you can do from there.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Shadowdare, thank you for your help and advice. I stopped all the same for the first variant, edited CLeditor. Remained only to write a new CSS. Good luck!

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Shadowdare said:
    It seems like it is possible to integrate the editor you linked to. The Wyishtml5 editor looks similar to that editor, so the Wysihtml5 plugin would be a good plugin to use as a reference for integrating it.

I thought the same but mindmup editor changes a div into a textarea which is nice when you use it as an editor for your blog or cms. But the other editors here just extend an input element.

So implementing that editor would most probably include changing it's source code, too.