Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Looking to hire a vanilla theme developer

Our organization is looking to integrate Vanilla with an existing site and want to create (modify?) a theme to match the look & feel (mostly just the look) of the existing site. As I understand theme creation to be its own beast, we'd like to hire someone with experience doing so in the past. I figured this forum would be the best place to ask for advice in finding someone -- or to find someone.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2014

@mynameisjody‌

Welcome to the community.

Developers on here tend to shy away from 'open-ended' proffers.

If you give an idea of your

timescale

budget

expectations (possibly a link to your current site, and how close you want the forum to mirror it)

you may well find you get a better response.

Good luck.

• Options

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up @whu606‌ .

Some more information:
    We're a small dev shop inside a research institute. We have developers on staff, but no design/frontend specific roles. We're looking for someone to step in for us and help us merge vanilla with our existing site. The current site is locked to the public, but here's a screenshot of a typical page - http://i.imgur.com/i49cFhG.png

Timescale - This seems like something something that would be about 1-4 weeks. But I'm judging based on doing pure css - I'm not sure what's involved in adapting a vanilla forum theme.

Budget - <$10k certainly, probably < $5k, maybe $2k. Really depends on what it takes to get it done. Dependent on the timeframe. We're willing to work with you to come to a common understanding.

Expectations - We're looking to get the color scheme the same. Maybe change the buttons to match. We're not looking to move things around on the page, just paint by numbers for the most part. Maybe we'd add a banner at the top - some type of branding anyway. We just think it'll take a better design eye than we have to do such a thing well. As you can see from the screenshot, it's a pretty simple site.

For what it's worth, this is a project related to research on helping patients with HIV quit smoking. So it's definitely for a good cause.

Thanks again!