Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

what version running?

hi guys what version of vanilla this forum running? Is it 2.1b or 2.2?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

thanks. So if i install 2.2.9 all this mods are prebuilt? i am just looking for a basic install like this not much mods. or are these available as mods?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you want a forum that's very similar to this one (spoken in features) you have to go with the hosted forum www.vanillaforums.com
    They have a commercial hosted version that includes features you do not find in the open source version. So what you see here can not be downloaded, neither all the plugins, nor the theme.

Some if not all of the functionality has been copied by some guys here so that you can build your own very feature rich Vanilla community. But you would have to go through the addons section and pick the best plugins from there by yourself.

If you download a version you should choose between 2.0.8.10 which is considered to be the current stable one. Version 2.1b2 will soon be replaced by 2.1b3 and 2.1b2 was already considered to be a very stable beta. So I would go with 2.1b2/3

Don't use 2.2.9 because it is alpha software.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

By the way: you can test a default installation of an older 2.0.18.4 here: http://www.opensourcecms.com/scripts/details.php?scriptid=128&name=Vanilla

There should be no difference in features between any 2.0.18 version