Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

adding-a-color-background-to-quote

This discussion was created from comments split from: Adding a color background to quote.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

Is there anyway of making the quote show within or append to the same box as your quoting on, instead of in a new box down the page? Simular to the photo.

• Is there anyway of making the quote show within or append to the same box as your quoting on, instead of in a new box down the page?

do you mean without creating a new comment, really hard to understand what you mean.

no - nothing that does this currently is the answer if you want to add to a different users comment unless you give everyone edit rights to other users comments and allow inserting your info into their comment.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
    edited March 2014

What I mean is, that when you quote on a post there will be other post's after the one you are quoting. The quoted post goes many post's down the page as another post. What i was thinking when you quote on a post, a quote box would be inserted in the original post. if that make sense?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

the reply to plugin works in vanilla 2.0.18.x and makes a discussion look threaded. That said I don't know if it works in 2.1b.x and if it doesn't the question becomes - why get your forum users used to it and lock you in to a version if it won't work beyond 2.0.18.x. But the plugin author may have plans to upgrade it, you never know.

not sure how your question relates to changing background color of a quote!

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/replyto-plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.