Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need ponters to put Vanilla core and cache on different location

chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

I need to run Vanilla on a network share but Vanilla won't run due to being on the network so I need some pointers to quickly put Vanilla core and cache on the local hard drive and the Vanilla site run from the network share.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Comments

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

I have done this very similar thing with Zend Framework and Yii Framework but has yet seen anything obvious how to do that in Vanilla.

Any insight on this would be very helpful.

Thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

no idea.

wild guess - look at conf/constants.php

it has definitions for PATH_CACHE, and also search for PATH_CONFIG

you might be able to change constants in bootstrap.early.php

if local hard drive had a fqdn couldn't you use remote.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I tried that but Vanilla keep hitting the "bonk" screen.

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.

I clear all cache and I am using Vanilla version '2.0.18.10'

I might miss something!

Thanks

• you missed how to decipher bonk messages to enable you to pursue problem and debug it. :)

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

That is very helpful! Now I have something to look at and try to figure out how to make it works. Thanks, @peregrine

Fatal Error in Gdn_Factory.Factory();
    Class MenuModule not found while trying to get an object for Menu. Check the path .
    The error occurred on or near: G:\inetpub\wwwroot\myGarden\library\core\class.factory.php

63: require_once($Path);

64: }

65:

66: if (!class_exists($ClassName, FALSE)) {

67: throw new Exception(sprintf('Class %s not found while trying to get an object for %s. Check the path %s.', $ClassName, $Alias, $Def['Path']));

68: }

69:

70: // Create the object differently depending on the type.

71: $Result = NULL;

Backtrace:

[G:\inetpub\wwwroot\myGarden\library\core\class.gdn.php:156] Gdn_Factory->Factory();

[\networkshare\www\myGarden\applications\dashboard\settings\bootstrap.php:17] Gdn::Factory();

[\networkshare\www\myGarden\bootstrap.php:173] PHP::include_once();

[\networkshare\www\myGarden\index.php:33] PHP::require_once();

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.
    Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.2.10.3
    PHP Version: 5.4.26
    Operating System: WINNT
    Server Software: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
    Request Uri: /mygarden/
    Controller: Gdn_Factory
    Method: Factory

I just realize this particular folder is from the master branch not '2.0.18.10'

I will try on the '2.0.18.10' version to see if that will work better.

Sorry for that.

Here is what I found out.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '\networkshare\www\vanilla/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in G:\inetpub\wwwroot\vanilla\library\core\class.dispatcher.php on line 566

When Vanilla run from a network share, it produce a fatal like above.

This fatal is from version 2.0.18.10