Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Will new comment refresh be back or not?

hi guys, i remembered i got dragged before to use vanilla because on version 2.0 there's a feature for autorefresh on new comments via ajax DOM , it's sad they removed it in the recent releases, is there a way to bring it back? or is it ever gonna come back ?

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2014

I think if you had the resources to run it (either you have a really small private community), or some serious infrastructure, then it could be brought back as plugin.

Simply the fact that people leave the tabs open, and each of them is polling constantly in their own time, and this has a cumulative effect. So you only have to have a handful of people leaving their tabs open and you can slow you site to crawl.

Thing like who's online or comment refresh, just aren't implement ideally to be scalable.

Really it should be done with either websocket or long polling/HTTP streaming (more push than pull), all of these solution are likely to require some extra setup and possibly additional infrastructure.

grep is your friend.

• edited September 2014

oops