Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What is mean by category display as in category add page?

edited May 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

In category add page there is a drop down box , which ask category display as . The three options areDefault, Category, Discussion. I don't get the meaning of this, what is actually happening here. Please specify the difference. I note that if we select option Category, then i cannot add post under that category. I am using vanilla 2.1

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You can use subcategories in Vanilla and if you choose "Categories" in that dropdown you've mentioned, you cannot post discussions in that category. It will only be usable as a "category container" for subcategories.

To be honest: I do not know what "Default" means but I would guess that "Categories" and "Discussions" are either/or decisions and "Default" allows both.

• Default is any category that is not a custom category with custom permissions I believe.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.