Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileUpload v1.8.2.1 on Vanilla v2.1: Thumbnails shown full size after upload

I've already seen some had issues with thumbnails, but my problem does not seem to fit in. I just recently switched server and upgraded from v2.1.b1 to v2.1_final. I've upgraded the FileUpload plugin to v1.8.2 and applied @peregrine's fix, it's now shown as v1.8.2.1.

The problem I'm experiencing is, that right after an image upload the thumbnail is shown with the full size of the uploaded picture as follows:

Once the comment is posted, both (inserted image and thumbnail) are shown correctly:

And the same goes when editing such a comment:

So the issue is, how to get the thumbnail shown in thumbnail size right after upload?

Obviously it worked correctly before I moved and upgraded my production forum, it's working right now, but it's totally impractical especially when uploading a whole bunch of pictues (the full-sized thumnails are then shown below each other).

Tagged:

Comments

• This is what's shown in Firefox Inspector for the blown up full-size thumbnail:

And this seems the be the responsible code in fileupload_functions.php:

if ($Data) {
          //   $Result = array('src' => $Src, 'width' => GetValue('ThumbWidth', $Media), 'height' => GetValue('ThumbHeight', $Media));
              $Result = Img($Src, array('class' => 'ImageThumbnail', 'width' => $Width, 'height' => $Height)); 
          }  else {
            // $Result = Img($Src, array('class' => 'ImageThumbnail', 'width' => GetValue('ThumbWidth', $Media), 'height' => GetValue('ThumbHeight', $Media)));

$Result = Img($Src, array('class' => 'ImageThumbnail', 'width' => $Width, 'height' => $Height)); 
         }
          return $Result;

}

So there are two versions for $Result each, not sure why and what the thought is behind it.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

See if you have these in your config

$Configuration['Garden']['Preview']['MaxHeight']= 100;

$Configuration['Garden']['Preview']['MaxWidth']= 75;

$Configuration['Garden']['Garden']['UploadImage']['Quality']= 75;

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

if that does not work you can try css to keep it from wiggin out

.FilePreview img {
    display: block;
    max-width:150px;
    height:auto;
    }

Below is the css for that section

.AttachFileWrapper table.AttachFileContainer tr.FileAttachment td .ProgressBar
    {
        border: 0;
        height: 14px;
        width: 126px;
    }

.AttachFileWrapper table.AttachFileContainer tr.FileAttachment td .ProgressBar .ProgressTicker
    {
        background: url(images/upload-progress-back1.gif)!important;
        color: #fff;
        font-size: 10px;
        height: 100%;
        line-height: 14px;
        padding-right: 2px;
        text-align: right;
        background-color: transparent!important;
    }

.Attachment:hover .FileHover
    {
        -moz-box-shadow: 0 2px 10px #000;
        -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 10px #000;
        background: #1b1e21;
        border: 1px solid #52585d;
        border-radius: 5px;
        box-shadow: 0 2px 10px #000;
        display: block;
        left: -7px;
        padding: 6px;
        position: absolute;
        top: -7px;
        z-index: 101;
        min-width: 150px;
    }

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

@MasterOne‌

good explanation of issue - see if this resolves it.

here is a fix.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208389/#Comment_208389

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Great job, @peregrine, another problem solved! :)