This is awesome!

This discussion is related to the MyYagaPoints addon.
Makke375Makke375 South-Western Finland
edited May 2014 in General Banter

Thank you! MyYagaPoints 1.0 addon works perfectly on Vanilla 2.1!

This type of addon I've been looking for Yaga!

how it looks:

vrijvlinderperegriner0oberthgtonightDeprecatedz

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

amazing - r0obert creates his first plugin and gets awesome feedback within minutes of it being announced to the world and uploaded.

how awesome is that. (answer: pretty awesome).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

Unheard of since peregrine badges and reactions ..granted not your first but generated much excitement and fanfare

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    Unheard of since peregrine badges and reactions ..granted not your first but generated much excitement and fanfare

Yes, it filled a need in the pre-Yaga days. but now they are irrelevant.

but Yaga is awesomer, look at it, and its also got a following of plugin makers, 2 plugins for it already.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes I bet hg is regretting not adding that to his already complex app. But it does show scaleability for sure. Not sure all your points would fit in that space lol

• @Makke375 said:
    Thank you! MyYagaPoints 1.0 addon works perfectly on Vanilla 2.1!

This type of addon I've been looking for Yaga!

how it looks:

V 1.1 is up, feel free to download it if you want to show "Point(s)" suffix (eg. 1 Point; 10 Points) here: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/myyagapoints-plugin-1.1

@peregrine said:
    amazing - r0obert creates his first plugin and gets awesome feedback within minutes of it being announced to the world and uploaded.

how awesome is that. (answer: pretty awesome).

I was actually expecting this insta-feedback.... lol no :)

vrijvlinderperegrine
  • Makke375Makke375 South-Western Finland
    edited May 2014

@r0obert said:
    V 1.1 is up, feel free to download it if you want to show "Point(s)" suffix (eg. 1 Point; 10 Points) here: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/myyagapoints-plugin-1.1

thank you for information! :)

how to change the order of the points is the word "Pisteet" before the number 12?

peregrine
  • r0obertr0obert
    edited May 2014

@Makke375 said:

Make this changes to the default.php (the only file in the plugin's folder lol):

Change this:

echo Wrap($Author->Points .  " " . T("Point")   ,'span', array('class' => 'Points Count', 'title' => sprintf(T('Total Points'))));
    echo Wrap($Author->Points . " " .  T("Points")   ,'span', array('class' => 'Points Count', 'title' => sprintf(T('Total Points'))));

To this:

echo Wrap(T("Point") . " " . $Author->Points   ,'span', array('class' => 'Points Count', 'title' => sprintf(T('Total Points'))));
    echo Wrap(T("Points") . " " . $Author->Points   ,'span', array('class' => 'Points Count', 'title' => sprintf(T('Total Points'))));

Basically you swap positions of T("Points") with $Author->Points in both cases.

Else, if you're too lazy just simply replace the entire code inside default.php with this one:

<?php
    if(!defined('APPLICATION')) { exit(); }

$PluginInfo['MyYagaPoints'] = array(
       'Description' => 'Display Yaga Points with Author Meta.',
       'Version' => '1.0',
       'Author' => "r0obert",
       'AuthorUrl' => 'http://vanillaforums.org'

);

class MyYagaPointsPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin {

public function DiscussionController_AuthorInfo_Handler($Sender) {
      $Author = $Sender->EventArguments['Author'];

if ($Author->Points == 1) {
      echo Wrap(T("Point")  . " " .  $Author->Points  ,'span', array('class' => 'Points Count', 'title' => sprintf(T('Total Points'))));
      }else {
      echo Wrap(T("Points") . " "  .  $Author->Points  ,'span', array('class' => 'Points Count', 'title' => sprintf(T('Total Points'))));
      }

}

public function Setup() {

} 
    }

Makke375vrijvlinder
    edited May 2014

@r0obert‌ thank you

but Is it possible to change the word "Point" with the word "Pisteet"?
    EDIT:I fixed it

r0obert
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

Makke375
  • HOW DOES RECEIVE POINTS IN PROFILE?

• HOW DOES RECEIVE POINTS IN PROFILE?

HI I LIKE ALL CAPS! please no just no