Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Bonk Error when attempting to Edit/Add Roles

13»

Comments

• Options
    r0obertr0obert
    edited May 2014

@peregrine‌ thanks for your great assist, I really appreciate your effort and I must say that I've learned a lot from this discussion alone.
    I will get to the bottom of this and post the solution here as soon as I do.

• Options
    r0obertr0obert
    edited May 2014

@peregrine I managed to do it. Thanks a lot for everything!

I created a fresh install, added all categories & extra roles to mimic my old db;

Exported my old db (minus the two tables GDN_Permission and GDN_Role), imported it into my new install;

Applied my theme (added lines to custom.css) and created locale.php;

Enabled plugins, imported applications (with afferent tables eg Yaga Reaction etc);

Everything is now working as expected, but one thing:

I cannot seem to make my new install (root/folder) go to root (I did follow your advice and changed these lines accordingly:

$Configuration['Database']['Name'] = '...
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = ...
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = '...
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = ...

Cleared cache, ran utility/update and it still shows the old db when I access my website.

@UnderDog thanks for your message, I appreciate it.

• Options

Everything is working perfectly now, thanks again @peregrine‌ !

Can I delete the other db now?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

@r0obert said:
    Everything is working perfectly now, thanks again peregrine‌ !

Can I delete the other db now?

great, as long as you don;t delete the wrong db you should be fine.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.