Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

where are the html files for altering theme? following the quickstart guide

I am following instructions at http://vanillaforums.org/docs/themequickstart but I'm not finding the html files mentioned for the views... so I'm probably just not understanding the instructions

I've been able to play and change stuff with css. But if I wanted to change something with the html - for example if I want to change something in the look of a discussion - where do I change the html?

I'll even be more specific. As an experiment I wanted to have the discussion have a slightly larger profile picture than shown elsewhere. I know that in the default theme, the class is ProfilePhotoMedium. I wanted to add another CSS, say ProfilePhotoMediumDiscussion and have that be slightly larger and then apply that in the html.

thanks
Ricardo

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

There is no html file it is all php or tpl . Your custom theme has a views folder inside is the default.master.php or tpl depending on the theme. That is the master view of the forum.

To edit css edit the custom.css file

You need to find the proper classes and parents to affect those differently .You can't change the html there is nothing to change it is all in css. Use a web inspector

For example

body.Profile .ProfilePhotoMedium{
    width:60px;
    height:60px;
    }

body.Vanilla.Discussion .ProfilePhotoMedium{
    width:40px;
    height:40px;
    }

.MeBox .PhotoWrap{
    width:20px;
    height:20px;
    }

• Ok, I see what you mean.

Somehow the suggestion you provided isn't quite working though. It'll apply 40px to the MeBox as well.

I tried different combinations with MeBox but in all cases, whatever I put for body.Vanilla.Discussion would be reflected in the MeBox

• Ok I've figured it out...

I need to apply the larger size to ProfilePhotoMedium in the ContentColumn

.ContentColumn .ProfilePhotoMedium {
    width: 60px;
    heigh: auto;
    }

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

Look here and learn to use a web inspector like chrome web inspector.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26621/avatar-size-in-v2-1b3

and try to explain what to want to achieve where.