Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Code Error '251'

I'm getting this message when I'm trying to post discussion with a tag;

{"Code":256,"Exception":"Duplicate entry 'test--1' for key 'UX_Tag'|Gdn_Database|Query|insert GDN_Tag \n(Name, InsertUserID, DateInserted, CountDiscussions) \nvalues (:Name, :InsertUserID, :DateInserted, :CountDiscussions)","Class":"Gdn_ErrorException"}

I'm running 2.1 stable, it only happens when I try post a discussion with a tag. anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

which "tag" plugin are you using? and which version of plugin?

it is trying to add a tag which already exists. called test-1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'm just using the Tagging plugin that comes with Vanilla 2.1.

It's indeed trying to add the tag 'Test' to the discussion. It has already been added through the admin panel.

• Okey, tried running utility/structure a couple of times. Disabling the addon, adding/removing tags, etc. Didn't work.

However after doing a clean install, enableing Tagging, running utility/structure, it worked! Thank you very much Vrijvlinder, you can't imagine how many times you're comments have saved me. o:)

• Oh nvm, the actually issue was that the addon Tagging doesn't like capital letters. Could also be my database tho, but if I use tags without any capital it works perfectly.