Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Icon, CSS, Firefox

AprecheApreche
edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey hey! I just upgraded our forum to 1.0 today, everything went as smoothly as can be expected. I got all the necessary extensions installed, and my users are very happy. However, I have one very minor issue. Look at any discussion on our forum withFirefox on Windows. I have yet to test with Linux or Mac. In every post, except the first post in a discussion, the user icons/avatars have white boxes around them. The white boxes are overlapping adjacent objects such as horizontal lines and quote boxes. It really doesn't look good. The problem does not appear in IE. I need some help in figuring out which of my extensions is causing this problem and what CSS to change to fix this. If you want to see the problem my forum is here: http://www.frontrowcrew.com/forum.

I have the following hoarde of extensions running:

who's online
account pictures
atom feed
bbinsert bar
better bbcode
category jumper
comment protection
applicant discovery
discussion filter
extended text formatter
html formatter
live search
new applicants
preview post
quotations
rss2
saved searches
spell checker
comments permalinks

Comments

• I noticed that somewhere else as well.

and you know your LiveSearch isn't working?
  • Weird, I'm having this exact problem.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    LiveSearch appears to be working for me, but I see the weird box issue you're speaking of. It looks like a css issue for the most part and that could be related to the themes css and not necessarily an extension. Basically, some extra padding is sticking up through and into the previous post instead of having a proper margin.
  • i noticed this exact same problem too this morning on my forum......looks fine in IE, but there is a problem in Firefox.
  • lamentlament
    edited July 2006
    k now the search is working.. random?
  • a_ja_j
    edited July 2006
    it is a problem with account pictures, I believe. If you manually set the pics through the account>personal information they don't have the white boxes around them.

& livesearch works for me
  • edited July 2006
    Yes, it's definitely an Account Pictures issue; it's inserting this:

<style> .ProfileTitle.WithIcon .ProfileIcon { width: 32px; height: 32px; } #AccountProfile .Picture { width: 280px; height: 200px; } #Comments .CommentHeader { line-height: 32px; } #Comments .CommentHeader li div.CommentIcon { padding: 32px 0px 32px 32px; } li.User.Name .UserIcon { padding: 32px 0px 32px 32px !important; } li.User.Name.WithIcon { line-height: 32px; } </style>

in every discussion page, which causes the bug.

I have no idea why it's doing this; these values should be already set fine in the default Vanilla css file.
  • Awesome thanks, how do I prevent Account Pictures from inserting that?
  • Delete it from default.php.
  • Awesome again! It is fixed.
This discussion has been closed.