Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Google wont index my site?

edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have a couple of sites and none of them have any issues getting indexed by google, however my new one (running vanilla forums) will not get indexed. its been like a week, and still no index.. Had anyone else had issues? I am starting a web 2.0 community forum (http://www.webtwenty.net) for discussion on the what is going on in the online world.

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    doing a quick whois on the domain name, it appears you just registered it on july 4th. Chances are because of that fact, google or any other search engines isn't aware of the domain besides you. If you have another domain that's been activly indexed on a regular basis, then you're best strategy is to plant a link there to your new site and eventually one of the crawlers will pick up on it and spread it around. Most of the answers which you probably have questions for can be found here : http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34397 and all across their site.
  • ya... ive done all of that and submitted my site to google. the google ip is hitting the site, but it doesnt index. thats the part that is confusing me.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    It's not confusing, because it usually takes a while. Another thing you need to define for search engines are keywords and relative meta tags which at the moment you're totally lacking, otherwise expect your site to become a web 2.0 still-birth. A positive way to get the ball rolling is by moving forums to the passenger seat and let a news column or blog do the driving on the front page which reports the location of a sitemap.xml file to lure the google bot. From there google and other bots will update their caches in as regular intervals as you're able to feed them.
  • edited July 2006
    # sportman1280 what file did you edit to put google ad up top?
This discussion has been closed.