Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2.1 Something Has Gone Wrong Error

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to vanilla 2.1 (yay!)- I followed the instructions and the upgrade went beautifully. I enabled a few plugins that came with the forum, changed to bittersweet theme and was able to continue using the site. (Logged in and out as different users, posted, clicked on tons of things!) That was two days ago, but when I went to go log in today I received the error: "Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while."

It was working before I left it alone, so it makes me think it's not activating any one plugin, but then I'm not sure what happened between then and now to cause an error.

I tried $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; in my conf/config.php, but it only reveals a blank page and blank source.
I cleared the *.ini files from the cache folder, cleared cache and cookies, then restarted the browser.
I also tried revert to the default theme manually in conf/config.php and manually removed all plugins via the config file (I left the HTMLawed's line.)
I tried the upgrade again, and it yielded a blank page too.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
(Thanks in advance for your time and help.)

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

ok try this config and see if it shows the error

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

Also it is important to delete the default.master.php from the applications/dashboard/views

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

try changing

change the 0 to a 1 on this line temporarily

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/2.1/index.php#L21

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @vrijvlinder‌ @peregrine‌ Thank you very much for your speedy responses!

I can confirm that the default.master.php was already deleted from the applications/dashboard/views, so I tried $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php'; first and it did yield an error message for me.
    "SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user '[username]'@'10.%' to database '[database]'"

Which is weird because I haven't changed anything since it was last working a few days ago, (and I just double checked just to be safe) so I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm going to google it and see if I can come up with anything and chat with my host and see if they can provide any insight. I'll check back in soon.

Thanks again both of you for your time and assistance.

• It wasn't an error on our end! It was an issue with my host, and it has been fixed. Thanks guys!

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes this is an issue which the host can fix. Glad you fixed it.

• What was the issue with the host how was this fixed?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Pumpkinberry said:
    @vrijvlinder‌ @peregrine‌ Thank you very much for your speedy responses!

I can confirm that the default.master.php was already deleted from the applications/dashboard/views, so I tried $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php'; first and it did yield an error message for me.
    "SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user '[username]'@'10.%' to database '[database]'"

Which is weird because I haven't changed anything since it was last working a few days ago, (and I just double checked just to be safe) so I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm going to google it and see if I can come up with anything and chat with my host and see if they can provide any insight. I'll check back in soon.

Thanks again both of you for your time and assistance.

Which tells you that there was an error accessing the Database. This could be down to a variety of issues, and really, only the web host would be able to identify what the issue was.