Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Twitter Sign-in on an Embedded Forum

Hello,

I have my forum embedded on a wordpress site and have also selected the "Force the forum to only be accessible through this url" option.

I also enabled Twitter SSO for the profiles, but new users cannot signup using twitter, as when twitter passes the oauth credentials, the forum forces a redirect to the wordpress site and that breaks the signup process. Is there a way to exclude the twitter signup from being redirected to wordpress and stay on the forum location so that the registration can complete?

Thanks!

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

This is something that I think has been resolved more recently, but I'll have to hunt down the fix. What version of Vanilla are you currently running?

• fmislefmisle New
    edited August 2014

Hi Todd,

I'm using 2.1.1

Thanks!

• Hi Todd,

Were you able to find the fix?

Thank you.