Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I cannot get this plugin to work (no additional buttons or abilities)*

primar13primar13 New
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I need a hand installing this and getting it to work.

I tried uploading it to the plugins folder and enabling it and it just doesn't work.
Anyone have any suggestions or a possible replacement for this and I can't find many

Comments

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited August 2014

Do you get any error messages?
    If not, you can enable debug mode by adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to your config.

You could also try installing the newer version of the Quotes plugin from github:
    https://github.com/vanilla/addons/tree/master/plugins/Quotes

edit: just noticed, vrijvlinder uploaded the new version here:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/213648/#Comment_213648

• Options

Okay, I downloaded the Plugin, installed it, and yes I get no additional buttons or abilities when attempting to quote a post.

I'm not someone who knows Php Coding so putting things in laments terms is a must, I know my wy around html and css for the most part and got eveything installed, but this one just wont' budge. I have, tried 3 different quote plugins and none are working, (I tried them one at a time and did enable them and disable them)

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@‌primar13

There isn't any php to know to get plugins working.

In your conf/config.php file, under enabled plugins you should see this:

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Quotes'] = TRUE;

Can you confirm you have that?

I have Quotes 1.61 working fine on a 2.1 install, so there is nothing wrong with the plugin per se.

• Options

Quotes and Spoilers are now working happiliy together... and i have no idea why,,, i didn't do anything