Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to add custom url to my forum

Hi,

how to add custom url

http://www.jmeter.info/forums/discussion/2/how-to-create-jmeter-script

I do not want discussion/2 in my url...how can i do that..

I just want http://www.jmeter.info/forums/how-to-create-jmeter-script

How can I do this..please help me..

Thanks a ton!!!!

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2014

you can't...

Well technically you can in that you could front it, but the links would no change. So in order to do full integral solution require some development. In 2.1 you can predefine DiscussionUrl, so where that is used it the links would change, so that is one way. It may not change every link, but this might not be important so long as it is the main areas are change. You could also define canonical url for discussions, or redirect.

Obviously you would then need to get the DiscussionID based on slug.

Btw the number makes little difference in term of SEO.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited August 2014

@x00 said:
    Btw the number makes little difference in term of SEO.

I just came back from a seminar, where we discussed in detail how SEO has radically changed and keywords are becoming less important per se. Having /discussion in the URL won't make much of a difference for most search engines, as their algorithms can now understand which parts of a URL are meaningful and which ones are just "technical stuff".

By the way, the whole SEO-friendly URLs lost a got bit of their importance quite some time ago. In 2008 I was part of an interesting discussion with Google engineers, who explained that both dynamic URLs and a static ones are parsed, and considered different. That is mysite.com/some/parameter and mysite.com?some=parameter are both parsed and indexed.

In the past, the parameters were ignored (probably to reduce the amount of parsing, due to resource constraints), so the SEO-friendly URLs were born. They made dynamic pages look like static ones, to trick the crawlers into parsing them. Now this distinction seem to be irrelevant.

• Options

Thanks you very much for your responses.