Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Vanilla 2.6 is here! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2 with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.

Optimization..

Hi, i've just installed a vanilla vanilla2 env on a pretty hot platform (8 core/32gb/bare metal) and added the bootstrap theme because my site uses bootstrap.

I shot straight over to gtmatrix to get a baseline before I look into optimizing vanilla coz to me its pretty much a big overkill most of the tut loading up.

My bootstrap 3 site speed grade is A (99%) and the Yslow is A 98%.

The base install of Vanilla2 however comes in as F (49%) and YSLOW is at C(74%).

Looking on the forums it seems like you advise that we write a plugin to fix stuff like cdn delivery/optimization etc.

However i'm convinced that If I modify the core to fix the underlying speed problems then I can maintain a good level of control over a)what gets called for and b)how it gets called.

Before I start hacking about can someone recommend a plugin that has in fact optimized the delivery of static data? (i did do a search and found something from 3 years ago so I suppose thats out of date now).

any advise would be good thanks.

Millzee

Comments