Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Are Search Englines alowed to index embedded forums? [SEO]

So if i use the option "Force the forum to only be accessible through this url (embedding url)" does that mean search engines only see Iframe and can't index the forum content?

Tagged:

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited October 2014

allowed?

Basically a search engine can index any public content. However historically it has not followed content or links in iframes.

Google has started to do so, but bing and yahoo, don't really do it yet

Forcing uses javascript, a search engine does not have to follow.

grep is your friend.

• Yeah i noticed search engines haven't recognized it yet at all, neither have started to crawl it. So i was just wondering will using this option prevent them to do so. So it's better to not use that option then?

• I can be nice to have identical header and footer and menus, but sometimes I wonder why people are so obsessed with it, in almost every case. When actually there is also branding strategy which differentiates different parts of the site.

grep is your friend.

• It's a matter of taste and design. So not use the option if one wants indexed forum?

• You would have to submit a sitemap. It is no ideal but would index, it is still better not to embed, if SEO is critical.

grep is your friend.

• Then I will be embedding it for better user experience, but i will not force the forum to only be accessible through embedding to please the search engines. I guess that will benefit both users and search engines.