Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can I solve the "Body is required" problem while starting a discussion?

Please, how can I solve the "Body is required" problem while starting a discussion?
I have read a lot of post on this issue but could not figure out the solution from the posts.
I believe there is "CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG 0.5" addon enabled on forum.
When I copy, paste and hit "post discussion" button, I get the red warning "Body is required"
If I click inside the discussion field and hit on "post discussion" button, then it is posted.
How can I solve this problem.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

I upgraded and problem is solved. Thanks

• Options

too bad the add-ons section is not showing most recent version of add-on, or actually add-on should be deleted since it is part of the core anyway (and most core add-ons aren't in add-ons section anyway.)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Please do you know if Pocket Addon has been updated too?
    The version that I have now has a lot of bugs.

• Options

@peregrine - Thanks. I have updated the pocket addon and it now works perfectly

• Options
    ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited November 2014

Hello @peregrine - I also what to increase the discussion and comment space text field on the desktop theme. I added the css code you gave me for the mobile theme but it did not work on the desktop theme. Please is there a modification I can make on the css code for the desktop theme? I use WYSIWYG (CLEditor) and ImageUpload addons and vanilla version 2.1.3?

• Options

@Prosper said:
    Hello peregrine - I also what to increase the discussion and comment space text field on the desktop theme. I added the css code you gave me for the mobile theme but it did not work on the desktop theme. Please is there a modification I can make on the css code for the desktop theme? I use WYSIWYG (CLEditor) and ImageUpload addons and vanilla version 2.1.3?

if you are referring to this

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/218047/#Comment_218047

you probably need to change it in the custom.css of your theme (that you use for non-mobile)

you may need to use !important to the lines.

Haven't tested, nor do I know the theme you are using.

Probably best to start a new discussion - as this thread is totally unrelated to your question.

http://css-tricks.com/when-using-important-is-the-right-choice/

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine - thanks for your comment. I will start a new discussion. However, I added !important to the lines but did not work.

• Options

@peregrine - sorry for my last reply. I just got WYSIWYG (CLEditor) addon disabled and the added css code that you suggested is working perfectly on the default theme. Please is any other cleditor that will work well with the added css code - referring to http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/218047/#Comment_218047?

• Options

@Prosper said:
    peregrine - sorry for my last reply. I just got WYSIWYG (CLEditor) addon disabled and the added css code that you suggested is working perfectly on the default theme. Please is any other cleditor that will work well with the added css code - referring to http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/218047/#Comment_218047?

didn't you say you will start a new discussion and explain what you want to do, with your version number of vanilla and your theme.

I would upgrade to vanilla 2.1.5, and by yhe way, you have two plugins that serve similar purposes and add a lot of latency to your site. whosonline and the onlline plugin. You should really look at all the plugins and features you have that make your site slower and don't provide much benefit at all.

• Options

Thank you @peregrine