Some notes on moving from Vanilla Open Source (or another community platform) to Vanilla for Business
- We can do the migration from another solution for you for a fee, or can try the open-source by converting to Vanilla using the Vanilla Porter.
- If you choose to switch to hosted Vanilla later, it can be done for free in most cases. We can move over the forum post, users, avatars. ect
- Make sure you create an opensource theme in smarty (file names end with .tpl). This makes moving your theme to hosted much easier.
- We cannot include your custom PHP in your theme, and you need to avoid any hacking of core code. Themes accept HTML, CSS and JS. (We do have options for VIP plan customers).
- We will not be able to support custom plugins or those from Open Source without review, but our hosted product should have almost all the functionality you will need. If you really need a custom plugin, contact sales.
- We offer a 30-day free trial so you can try it out. The hosted and the open source version share a similar lineage, but the hosted version has many differences that might be worth examining especially if you are not technical and don't want to worry about those aspects.
Either way, Vanilla will give your community an improved experience
p.s. If you need more info please PM me or contact us.