Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to filter Questions or discussions in a parent category by sub categories

TownFishTownFish New
edited November 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I know you can add nested categories or sub categories within parent categories but my question is can sub categories be used as filters to filter all the posts displaying on a parent category page.

I'm looking to have one page of Questions and I would like users to assign their question to a predefined list of categories when posting a question. Then the questions display in a single page and I would like to use the CategoriesDropdown plugin so that users can filter the list of questions by category on that single page. I would also like each question listed to contain a hyperlink of the sub category which can also be used to filter the questions.

I know this can be done if you are looking at the main discussions page but i would like to do this when you are looking at a parent category page using sub categories.

Answers