Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems with 2.1.6

2»

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

did you also read the description of apptastic.

A sleek and super modern desktop-like interface for Vanilla derived from the Sentry application. The theme is based on the Bootstrap framework by Twitter and built using Austere as well as the Compass framework.

This is NOT a ready-to-use theme and is merely meant as a canvas of ideas. Feel free to fork the theme on Github and send me a pull request if you have some great code you want to share.

you should consider deciding on which plugins and "compatible" theme you want to use ,

follow the suggested steps to debug things.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220452/#Comment_220452

or find a better set of instructions that advances you to your goal.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
    edited December 2014

sorry but config.php was there, i had debugger on & off I tested one plugin at a time and all was ok. But I have now reinstalled and starting afresh. Importing my data from the old setup one database at a time. The point is that that screen came up at all after all this time. I did do a backup 2 days ago but I'm not going use it as the must be a fault somewhere. See how i get on with another fresh install.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@DenisS said:
    sorry but config.php was there, i had debugger on & off I tested one plugin at a time and all was ok. But I have now reinstalled and starting afresh. Importing my data from the old setup one database at a time. The point is that that screen came up at all after all this time. I did do a backup 2 days ago but I'm not going use it as the must be a fault somewhere. See how i get on with another fresh install.

you will certainly have alot of practice, and you can then become a certified vanilla installer. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited December 2014

I'm going for a beer

• did you run /utility/structure

you need to read install instructions.

yes I ran did the reinstall word for word everything it failed! I made a new database uploaded a backup SQL it failed>___________________________________________
    GDN_Tagadd unique index UX_Tag (Name,CategoryID)' at line 4|Gdn_Database|Query|/* 'unique index UX_Tag (Name)' => 'unique index UX_Tag (Name,CategoryID)' */ alter tableGDN_Tagdrop index UX_Tag; alter tableGDN_Tagadd unique index UX_Tag (Name,CategoryID`); ------

• I looked on here for this error and seems quite common so took the easy solution and deleted UX_Tag from my database and all is ok now. Passed all tests. See what tomorrow brings.
  • kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited December 2014

Thank you for this thread! @peregrine‌ you just saved me a lot of troubleshooting time, I had one of the error messages exactly as you mentioned above.