Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to setup Vanilla on a sub-domain?

2»

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

For a 500... error you need to check the server logs. There is no standard solution for that. But have you cleared the ini files from the cache folder? That might help.

You may blame Vanilla and go back to MyBB if you like, but I would recommend to get some basic understanding of how servers work: you have changed the wrong file. Whatever software you use, changing the wrong files will never lead you to the expected results ;)

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I might just have to go back to MyBB...

It is irritating when people threaten to go back to their subpar former forum software... Vanilla works all the time as long as you took the time to learn how to properly install it and run it.

• Options

@R_J said:
    For a 500... error you need to check the server logs. There is no standard solution for that. But have you cleared the ini files from the cache folder? That might help.

You may blame Vanilla and go back to MyBB if you like, but I would recommend to get some basic understanding of how servers work: you have changed the wrong file. Whatever software you use, changing the wrong files will never lead you to the expected results ;)

I understand that it's my fault, I'm not blaming Vanilla itself. It's just that I never had these issues with MyBB. Anyway, I'm just going to restore all the server files and reinstall Vanilla. If that doesn't work I'll just have to try something else.

Again, thank y'all for the help and patience. I greatly appreciate it.

• Options

R_J was a sage when he said this:

Whatever software you use, changing the wrong files will never lead you to the expected results

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.