HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Could Up/Down Votes be added to Notifications?

It would be neat if each time someone up or down voted your posts it was added to the notification panel.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

you could probably add it, personally I think it would be overkill. who wants to be notified every time someone votes. probably your users will ask you to remove it the minute you set it up. except for the people who don't get any votes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

who wants to be notified every time someone votes

Specially down votes ... could be cause for retaliatory voting

• Options

@peregrine‌ It's how the voting system on our current forum works. It's nice to be able to look back at posts that have been up voted. I know it sounds annoying, but we're only talking a few likes mostly, I can imagine it'd be annoying for 1000's, sure.

@vrijvlinder‌ I'm actually using CSS to hide the down voting, I prefer the Upvote-only method

• Options

I'd just use YAGA. then users can see who reacted.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options