Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Selectable panel items

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

It would be nice to be able to select which panel items to collapse. I may try to implement this. E.g. I'd like to leave categories and latest posts expanded by default, but collapse the rest :)

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

to do what you want.

just identify the id or class.

Personally I like the idea of plugins panel modules to add a class to the Box Class
    instead of adding a id like LatestPostList does since for some bizarre reason someone may want to add two modules.

class="Box YourAdditonalBox">';

just change the js in plugin.

from

// Collapse all the panels by default
        $('.PanelBoxToggle').children('h4 ~ *').hide();

use a not for every module you don't want collapsed at inception.

$('.PanelBoxToggle').not('.BoxCategories').not('#LatestPostList').children('h4 ~ *').hide();

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Thanks yet again @peregrine‌ !

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@AaronWebstey said:
    Thanks yet again peregrine‌ !

you are welcome.

otherwise known as thanks, YAP! :wink:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

see below.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

or you could do it via config.php

change the js in PanelBoxToggles

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
        // add this line
        var $excludeboxes = gdn.definition('ExcludeBox');

change  this line

$('.PanelBoxToggle').children('h4 ~ *').hide();
        to
        $('.PanelBoxToggle').not($excludeboxes).children('h4 ~ *').hide();

change in class.panelboxtoggles.plugin.php

from

$Sender->AddCSSFile($this->GetResource('design/panelboxtoggles.css', FALSE, FALSE));

to

$Sender->AddCSSFile($this->GetResource('design/panelboxtoggles.css', FALSE, FALSE));
                           $ExcludeBoxes = C("Plugins.PanelBoxes.ExcludeBoxes",".DummyBox" );
                            $Sender->AddDefinition('ExcludeBox', $ExcludeBoxes);

then add to config.php

$Configuration['Plugins']['PanelBoxes']['ExcludeBoxes'] = ".BoxCategories, #LatestPostList";

• one more fix to get the arrow aligned correctly whether boxes are initially collapsed or open

$('.PanelBoxToggle').not($excludeboxes).children('h4 ~ *').hide();
        $('.PanelBoxToggle').addClass('Collapsed');
            $($excludeboxes).removeClass('Collapsed');