HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

OnlineNow and Bootstrap looks weird.

This discussion is related to the OnlineNow addon.

So, here's the live site: mmo4teen.com/vanilla, the plugins is showing twice, one below and one above top posters. Not to mention that the hover looks weird too. Any ideas ?

«1

Comments

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    You do realize that guests can't see the box right? so the url is useless...Please make the box visible to guests or make an account for testing and pm the login info.

    Otherwise I can't see what is going on to help you.

  • @vrijvlinder said:
    You do realize that guests can't see the box right? so the url is useless...Please make the box visible to guests or make an account for testing and pm the login info.

    Otherwise I can't see what is going on to help you.

    I've already enabled it before posting. It's by unchecking the box with "invisible to...." right ?

  • But you're right, it's still not showing for guest. How can I fix this ?

  • Is it in the plugin setting or do I have to go through some files ?

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    You must be the kind of person that never reads the instructions or looks at settings pages ?

    I mean, can't you see the link called OnlineNow on the left side panel in the dashboard ?

    Hide for guests checked ? I do not use Bootstrap but have tested with it and it works for me...

    peregrine
  • @vrijvlinder said:
    You must be the kind of person that never reads the instructions or looks at settings pages ?

    I mean, can't you see the link called OnlineNow on the left side panel in the dashboard ?

    Hide for guests checked ? I do not use Bootstrap but have tested with it and it works for me...

    I did try those even before posting this thread, that's why I'm asking again. It's still not working after I uncheck that.

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    Ok, then make an account for testing and pm the login info.

  • @vrijvlinder said:
    Ok, then make an account for testing and pm the login info.

    Here you are:
    User: 1
    pass: 123456

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

    Ok , please replace line 49 of the onlinenow.css file with this and report

    #OnlineNow.Box ul.PanelInfo li:hover span.Time {
    visibility: visible;
    font-size: 9px;
    position: relative;
    top: -70px;
    left: -10px;
    background: #fff;
    padding: 2px 6px!important;
    border: 1px solid     #999;
    border-radius: 0;
    z-index: 99999;
    width: auto;
    min-width: 60px;
    text-align: left;
    white-space: nowrap;
    display: block;
    }
    
  • @vrijvlinder said:
    Ok , please replace line 49 of the onlinenow.css file with this and report

    #OnlineNow.Box ul.PanelInfo li:hover span.Time {
    visibility: visible;
    font-size: 9px;
    position: relative;
    top: -70px;
    left: -10px;
    background: #fff;
    padding: 2px 6px!important;
    border: 1px solid     #999;
    border-radius: 0;
    z-index: 99999;
    width: auto;
    min-width: 60px;
    text-align: left;
    white-space: nowrap;
    display: block;
    }
    

    Well, it worked but still it acts kinda weird when hover. Anyway to make it looks more streamline with Bootstrap ? Like bigger and edgier more colorful ?

  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

    argh

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

    vrijvlinderDeprecatedz
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    If you want more colorful try another theme. That one is pretty flat and simple. It would need a lot of editing to make it look colorful. Try one of my themes if you want something colorful and streamlined... lol

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

    apropoo !!

    this is colorful http://freeplanet3.com/Forum/

    Thank you and you are welcome !

  • @vrijvlinder said:
    apropoo !!

    this is colorful http://freeplanet3.com/Forum/

    Thank you and you are welcome !

    Actually, I was reffering to the OnlineNow plugin not the theme. Anyway to make the plugin more eye-popping ?

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

    Actually, I was reffering to the OnlineNow plugin not the theme.

    You mean like in the screen shots for the plugin? That is the theme. This plugin all it does is add user pic from someone online and has a popup to add messages but it affects nothing. If the boxes in your theme don't have style then this won't either. You can add style to it but it is best to do it to the theme not the plugin.

    Try adding this to your custom.css or the theme you use or even the plugin and change the colors as you please

    .Box  {
    background: url(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uzR9jv2JJhA/Tib8eYSYfrI/AAAAAAAACe8/TrXn5LqktUI/s1600/animated-colored-hearts.gif)repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F6E4;
    border: 2px solid #DCDCCB;
    border-radius: 0.5ex;
    margin: 20px 0;
    padding: 5px 10px;
    }
    
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

    gogito said: like bigger and edgier more colorful ?

    I read on the internet and have been told by unreliable sources. that lsd and other hallucinogens will make the screen look more colorful and eye-popping.

    I'm not recommending that, but the other option I do recommend is

    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/219925/#Comment_219925

    rhetorical question - How come the people who want the most css changes, don't learn css?

    • Protip - Avoid nyquil when responding to questions. just go to sleep

    re: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/222129/#Comment_222129

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

    vrijvlinderR_J
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

    why ?

    Instant Gratification EntitlemenT or IGET for short...

    Protip - Avoid nyquil when responding to questions. just go to sleep

    Now you tell me !?!

    peregrine
  • Bitteschön

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

    vrijvlinder
  • I'm learning CSS from getting help like this. But it's true that sometime I feel that I'm asking too much. The again, I only ask if I can't find the solution myself.

  • @vrijvlinder said:
    }

    After some checking to make sure it's not a problem with my caching, it looks like everything is still not working probably.


Sign In or Register to comment.