Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any way to report posts to notify the admin?

hi is there any way to make it so that users can report/flag posts and it notify the admin?

i seen an addon for this but it is old and dont work

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

use the flagging plugin that comes with the core. it works fine.

upgrade to vanilla 2.1.6

set your permissions correctly in dashboard.

read the directions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• oops i did not see that addon. yes it works good

question about it.. can we make it notify us via email whenever someone flags? i tried and it did not notify

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

should be in the settings. are you making an effort to look at dashboard permissions for roles and settings.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• lol ya i checked the settings, there is no option about email notifications

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

well check again in roles and permissions settings. lol

then look again

Flagging     Notify

x

then edit your profile notifications.

Notify me when a comment is flagged. email x

• ohhh in the roles and permissions.. i thought u meant the addon settings page. ok got it

• you are welcome

• NozumiNozumi New
    edited December 2014

it seems checking the "notify" box is just make it show how many items are flagged like so

http://i.imgur.com/CtkthnJ.jpg

it did not send me any notifications to my email or in my forum account

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.