Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect username selection question

I'm attempting to implement https://github.com/vanilla/jsConnectPHP/blob/master/index.php against an existing user database, but in my case, the users log in with an ID number that is meant to be private.

Is there a simple way to have Vanilla just have a page asking them to choose a username for the public forum display? Maybe by leaving the username field blank or something in the jsConnect response array?

I mean something like this:

Not sure if it's built into openid-connect plugin, or if it's a vanilla thing.

Comments

• Options

I know this is an old post, but I am having the same issue..

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016

@mfurlend said:
    I know this is an old post, but I am having the same issue..

bad idea, to append to a discussion in vanilla 2.1 category (that is 2 years old) if you are not using vanilla 2.1 instead of starting a new discussion, even less of a chance you will get an answer. but you already knew that! But eventually you and the others will learn to start a new discussion, instead of appending to a two years old discussion in the wrong category.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.