HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Excellent addon ! Suggetion

Excellent addon ! Thanks for your effort.

I have a suggestion:

it would be nice if it were possible to assign more keywords to one label.

Example: I have subjects starting with Howto, How to, Stappenplan. These all be labeled "Howto".

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

thanks glad you like the add-on

Since feature requests require a donation. if you want to pm me and send a small donation I'll provide you a way to do it.

• the problem with posting add-ons is that it takes hours to write to help the community.
    • it then takes hours to help people who set things up incorrectly
    • and it takes hours responding to all the people who have feature requests.
    • at some point the user community needs to step up to the plate and send a donation to the community developers, at least for my plugins.

• This is my only source of income and I will probably be signng off from vanilla forums in a month or two unless donations start flowing in, because the donations this year do not even cover the cost of my internet connection. and i simply can't afford it, I only use the internet for vanilla forums related things, otherwise I have no use for the internet. I can live without it.

• internet connectively where I live is much, much more expensive then Europe and the the rest of the word

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

@peregrine said: Since feature requests require a donation. if you want to pm me and send a small donation I'll provide you a way to do it.

@piotr thanks for the donation. Every little bit helps defray costs of internet service fees.

I'll work up some code to send you in about 24 hours or so.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

done.

see the readme - and you can read this as well.

in your example to use Group labels.

you wanted these: Howto, How to, Stappenplan

here is how to do it:

in your word list in plugin settings enter

howto, how to, stappenplan

click Use Group Labeling with MANDATORY definitions (i.e. multiple words with same label name) x

add using this model. the words on the right will be the Label associated with the word in the title.

in conf/locale.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

$Definition['DLP howto'] = "Stappenplan";
        $Definition['DLP how to'] = "Stappenpan";
        $Definition['DLP stappenplan'] = "Stappenplan";

the tags in your custom.css of your theme will be if you want different colors for the same label Stappenplan

.DMarker.DMarker-howto  {
         background-color: red;
    }
     .DMarker.DMarker-how-to  {
         background-color: blue;
    }

} .DMarker.DMarker-stappenplan  {
         background-color: green;
    }

Be aware the "Allow clicking on Marker Label" option

"Search page results" uses the WORDS IN THE LABEL. so the search would evaluate to searching for Stappenplan only.

if you are using grouping probably best to use "Scroll within page" or "Clicking not enabled"

NOTE

Also, you do not have to create definitions if

Use Group Labeling with MANDATORY definitions (i.e. multiple words with same label name) is unchecked

but you MUST create definitions for all words in word list if

Use Group Labeling with MANDATORY definitions (i.e. multiple words with same label name) is checked

questions on vanilla usage see:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/faq/p1 and the tutorials category.

I've come to the conclusion that adding defintions in plugin locales is a waste of time and leads to more problems and confuses users and can get overwritten, that is why I recommend adding any new defintions j to your conf/locale.php. see below for more informatation.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/218972/#Comment_218972

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/219925/#Comment_219925

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

regarding

Use Group Labeling with MANDATORY definitions (i.e. multiple words with same label name) is checked

p.s if you see the letters

Dlp in your label - but you really wanted just Honda.

it means you chose group tags but didn't correctly follow instructions regarding

lower case letters in your word list, or you didn't follow the instructions correctly for creating proper definitions.

pay attention to upper and lower case.

both cases below will produce the label Honda if the word in your word list is honda.

$Definition['DLP honda'] = "Honda"; // GOOD if honda is the word in your word list.
    $Definition['DLP honda'] = "honda"; // GOOD as well if honda is the word in your word list.

Problem: both cases below will produce the label "Dlp Honda" if the word in your word list is honda.

$Definition['DLP Honda'] = "Honda"; // BAD if honda is the lowercase lettered word in your word list.
    $Definition['Dlp honda'] = "Honda"; // BAD you need to capitalize DLP and place exactly one space after DLP

if the definition for

$Definition['DLP honda'] is missing you will also get label "Dlp Honda"