Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email address option in vanilla2export

somethingsomething New
edited January 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm on v2.1.18p2 trying to use vanilla2export.php to import data exported on another forum.

Docs (on the Web) say "Entering a user email address that does not exist in the legacy forum."

In the GUI/tool itself, it says "Enter the email and password of the admin user from the data being imported."
To add to the confusion, there's also an option to "Use My Current Password".

Since the tool isn't working properly (the "choose file" part, seems a GUI issue), I am not sure if it's "a user email address" or "the admin user's address".
Which is it?

And does that mean if I don't know the admin's address I cannot load the export file?

Comments

• Options

After 1 hour of troubleshooting I finally managed to find out who the admin was and I changed my email address on the "destination" forum to his, imported the data, and then changed the email address back. Now I can export that data again, so that next time I don't have to look for the guy...
    Too complicated.