Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Change font color question

I can find this font color that is used for the light grey that is on bitter sweet theme anywhere.

Where is the font color generated from for the number of views, who posted last, the date, and what category it's from? I want to make it a little darker. I entered every color on the CSS and Never got that light grey to come up. I'm sure it's a super simple answer and I've already spent an hour looking so I would greatly appreciate some help please. I tried searching here first and didn't see the answer in old posts but if there is one existing already could someone direct me to it. When I searched for bitter sweet only better bitter was coming up so I'm posting it here.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2015

Are you actually using a 2.0 version of Vanilla, or is this just posted in the wrong section?

This response is based on 2.1.

The quickest way to get the answer to these kind of questions is to use a web inspector (such as Firebug for Firefox)

Right-clicking the element you are asking about shows that the css declaration affecting this is:

.Meta, .MItem, .MItem a {
        color: #ccc;
    }

This would go in your custom.css file in yur custom theme folder,with the relevant colour change.

For details on custom themes (and annotated examples of many of the css rules used in Vanilla) see here:

http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/A_Quick-Start_Guide_to_Creating_Themes

The same information is also in a practice theme I created:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/annotatedcss2.1-theme

• Options

Thank you for taking the time to explain and answer it correctly. I now have it changed.