HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

add text between breadcrumbs and topic list

I want to add some text between the breadcrumbs and the topic list. Which public function do i need?
By the way: is there some list of all public functions so that i can see on what position the text is parsed on the forum?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Moderator

The plugin Eventi is a great help for that

jackmaessen
  • jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

Ok. I now found what i need but i have to use the argument "content" for it otherwise the text appears also in the sidepanel. How can i do that?
    This is what i made now but does not work; without the if($Text) it does work but is also visible in the sidepanel

public function DiscussionsController_BeforeRenderAsset_Handler($Sender) {

$Text = $Sender->EventArguments['Comment'];
         if ($Text) {
            if (! Gdn::Session()->IsValid() ) {
              echo '<div class="DismissMessage">This text is only visible if you are logged out!</div>';
            }
          }
       }

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

If you want to add more content anywhere the best way is by making a module. Please try the Widgets plugin as a guide.

You can have a module contain anything. Text or images or whatever. Then you can reorganize the modules however you want.

jackmaessenhgtonight
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Moderator

@vrijvlinder is right. Look at the default.master.tpl:

<div id="Body">
             <div class="Row">
                <div class="BreadcrumbsWrapper">{breadcrumbs}</div>
                <div class="Column PanelColumn" id="Panel">
                   {module name="MeModule"}
                   {asset name="Panel"}
                </div>

In general you can only hope to find events in {...} blocks. There is no way to insert anything between div#Body and {breadcrumbs}. So in order to achieve what you are trying you have to write a custom default.master.php i.e. a custom theme where you add your own module at the place you like it to appear.

If you only want to show static text in case a user is not logged in, it is quite simple. Add the following code to your custom default.master.tpl:

{if $User.SignedIn}
      Content added here will only be shown to logged in users
    {/if}

See: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Using_Smarty_with_Vanilla

hgtonight