HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

How to override JoinUsers method?

_KaM__KaM_ New
edited March 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi there,

I want to override function JoinUsers which placed in UserModel. The point of this need in the next string:
$Join = GetValue('Join', $Options, array('Name', 'Email', 'Photo'));
for some reasons i want to have extended set of fields in select query with left join GDN_Users table, in other words i want to have this string looks like this:
$Join = GetValue('Join', $Options, array('Name', 'Email', 'Photo', 'Gender', 'Nationality', 'etc'));
in this way i can use those fields in the UserBuilder render function. Is there any way for make this without extends UserModel ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Moderator

I don't see a possibility for that but you might suggest to add a new FireEvent in that function so that you can change the parameter columns from within a plugin.

• Or may be it will be better suggest for create an array like 'array('Name', 'Email', 'Photo')' in the config file?

• You realise that is a callback? it is dependent on JoinUsers not being used $Options with Join entry.

You could suggest it, but, won't be included in the core for some time.

A users are cached anyway, you can create you own function, that zips the additional meta.

grep is your friend.

BleistivtShadowdare