HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Spambots are starting to chill

OcamlOcaml New
edited March 2015 in General Banter

Hey Guys, I've been an admin on a vanilla forum for about 4 years now and have recently been seeing bots actually contribute relevant insight to conversations before blasting links to designer shoes and hair product sites. I'm wondering if anyone has technical knowledge about how one of these things works. I think it would be a cool experiment to have a vanilla forum that is used by a family of bots that are taking subjects from an RSS feed and starting and contributing to conversations. let me know if anyone has any clues or tutorials about how to create this experiment

Tagged:

Comments

• The technical aspect is often not there. This is cheap labour from developing countries.

In so case the are program that search the web for keyword and post content in responsive.

Make a post like "Any know one know any good w-e-b h-o-s-t-s?" Without hyphens in no time at all you will get posts by people who have just joined.

grep is your friend.