Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

1stdomains hosting provider & SimpleScripts installation: Broken installation

Hi Team 

My hosting provider, 1stdomains.co.nz offers a number of simple one-click installs for any of their customers. I attempted to install your product, vanilla forums tonight.
I specified that I’d like the forums to live in www.beatmania.co.nz/forums - but it never happened.
Using the login URL provided by the installation http://www.beatmania.co.nz/Forums/entry/signin I get the following Fatal Error:

“Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in /var/www/vhosts/beatmania.co.nz/httpdocs/Forums/bootstrap.php on line 47”

At this point, I am not even able to trial your software. Thru this means of communication are you able to help me?

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2015

Advice:

Ditch the SimpleScripts installations. Install it the normal way.

Why? Only the person who created the SimpleScripts installation would be able to support that, also you have no idea if the version you are installing a secure/stable one.

You have more control to install it from source.

Shared web host put a lot of fluff, to beef up their package, and make look like they are offering many thing. When they are just packaging free available software.

if you get “Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found normally you need to delete the *.ini file in cache. But as you didn't install it yourself anyway you are better starting from scratch.

grep is your friend.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited April 2015

As x00 suggests, manual installation is the better option.

Download the latest Vanilla package(link at top of this page.)

Unzip the package.

Upload the folders and files to the folder on your server you want your forum to be in.

Using phpMyAdmin create a new database, and give it a suitable name.

Go to the forum folder using a web browser

e.g. yoursite.com/forum

follow the onscreen instructions.

• Best follow the README it tells you everything you need to do.

grep is your friend.

@x00
    I don't think the readme includes the DB stage.

• The README covers what you need to know, you will find that out. it is important to do everything the README, for installation and especially upgrading.

grep is your friend.

@x00

Well, the OP isn't upgrading, and apart from the bit about the DB, the instructions I gave came directly from the README.

As a user, I would prefer to know about the DB before I start installation.